Things to do
Things to do in Evergreen (for little or no money)
Here’s a list of things to do in Evergreen for little or no cost that we’ve been building for some time.
- Walk around Evergreen Lake.
- Walk through the downtown area and window shop and have lunch.
- Pet the kittens that are up for adoption at Chow Down.
- Take a drive up Mt. Evans (especially good in the fall).
- Go ice skating on the lake (in the Winter).
- Go paddle boating on the lake (in the Summer).
- Visit Hiwan Homestead historical museum and park.
- Open Mic Night at The Ice House (Thursday’s at 6:00 PM) and Friday night music night.
- See if Evergreen Players has a show.
- If it’s Friday, check out the Last Friday Gallery Walk.
- If it’s Wednesday in the Summer, see about the Free Lake Concerts.
- Go GeoCaching.
Near By Parks and Hiking
- Alderfer / Three Sisters Park
- Bell Park
- Bergen Park
- Bergen Peak
- Corwina Park
- Cub Creek Park
- Dedisse Park
- Elephant Butte Park
- Elk Meadow Park
- Evergreen Mountain
- Flying J Ranch
- Genesee Park
- Hiwan Homestead Museum and Park
- Lair ‘O the Bear Park
- Maxwell Falls
- Mt. Evans Elk Management Area – (previous post)
- Mount Falcon Park
- O’Fallon Park
- Parmalee Gulch Park
- Pence Park
- Stagecoach Park